South County Historical Society
San Luis Obispo County
HOME | About Us | Membership | Museum Store | Facility Rental | Contact Us
 
  Museums
  Exhibits
  Research / History / Links
  News & Events
 


IOOF HISTORIC HALL

The South County Historical Society acquired the property which was formerly the meeting place for the International Order of Odd Fellows in 1985.  

The hall is located at 128 Bridge Street and was built in 1902 on land donated by Mrs. Elston in 1898.   The building was completed in six months at the cost of $5.500.00.  A local contractor, Ben Stuart did the stone work with native sandstone which came from a quarry just south of Arroyo Grande.

The Hall was placed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1991.   Currently the Society is raising money to have this historical building restored, with the first step being Earthquake retrofitting. 

The estimated cost of completing this project was over $100,000.00.

The Hall is open for special presentations.  For more information phone 805-489-8282.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2010 - www.southcountyhistory.org  

Webmaster Vivian Krug

Disclaimer

 

 

 

Design downloaded from Free Templates